The Poo Free Parks®Program
Through a new and unique public-private partnership, Poo Free Parks® supplies, installs, and maintains dog poop bag Dispensers for dog owners to use while walking their furry friends in neighborhood and city parks throughout the United States. Poo Free Parks provides this service at minimal cost to the Municipality and taxpayer.
The program is subsidized by the generous contributions from our sponsors, who are recognized for their support on signage attached to each station.
The Poo Free Parks Service Program
Under a unique service based option, Poo Free Parks® will provide the following services:
- Provide and install professionally-designed and attractive Poo Free Parks® bag dispensers made of recyclable aluminum.
- Stock and re-stock the dispensers on a weekly basis with plastic bags made from at least 50% recycled material.
- Clean, maintain and repair dispensers, including graffiti removal.
- Clearly display a Poo Free Parks phone number on each dispenser for reporting any need for attention.
- ...are constructed from sturdy, yet recyclable aluminum.
- ...will not easily deteriorate and are designed to endure harsh weather conditions.
- ...will be replaced and/or repaired when not functioning or fall short of appearance standards.
- ...are secure from people using them as a waste basket.
- ...are reliably stocked with plastic poo bags made from at least 50% recycled material.
- ...are eye catching and pleasant to look at.
- ...are locked to deter theft and vandalism.
- ...are made from at least 50% recycled material (manufacturer’s certification on file with our office, and available on request).
- ...are extra large.
- ...are easy to open.
- ...are thick and sturdy like lawn/leaf plastic bags, keeping your fingers clean during the collection process.
As caring members of the human community, our maintenance staff works diligently to service every single one of our stations, every single week, regardless of whether or not they are empty. Through this program, overworked Parks & Rec employees will be relieved of any responsibilities for checking bag stations, or securing the funds for keeping them filled with user-friendly supplies.
Poo Free Parks® is able to provide this public service at minimal cost to the public by giving businesses the opportunity to sponsor dispensers and bags through advertising on signage attached to each station. Program sponsorship is similar in concept to the litter control programs along our nation’s roads and highways, where a tasteful sign announces what group or company is sponsoring the cleanup of a particular section of road, enabling organizations to contribute to a community service and receive recognition for doing so.
We Love Our Sponsors
Sponsoring organizations win because they get to sponsor an important community service and receive recognition for doing so – at a very reasonable cost.
Did You Know?
Plastic Pollution is an Undeniable Environmental Problem
Plastic pollution causes more than 1 million seabirds, 100,000 marine mammals, and uncounted numbers of fish to die in the North Pacific alone, every year.